Citrine Stone Facts
The dazzling yellow Citrine emanates positivity and joy. It has been used in jewellery in the history by the Greeks and Romans. It has been assigned as the birthstone for those born in November. Citrine is a gemstone that is easy to maintain has always been a favourite to the collectors and jewellery enthusiasts.
What are the Properties of Citrine Stone?
Colour: Yellow, Orange, Brown
Hardness: 7 (in Mohs Scale)
Nature of Solid: Hexagonal crystal
Refractive Index: 1.54-1.55
Specific Gravity: 2.63 – 2.65
What is the most desirable colour of Citrine?
The colour of Citrine ranges from lemon yellow to reddish brown. The precious golden yellow Citrine is the most desirable precious tone after blue Topaz. However, yellow Citrine stones are rare. A reddish-orange Citrine is often referred as Madeira and is adorned by many due to its quality and price.
What is the price of a citrine stone?
The price of Citrine Stone Citrine Stone Price range starts at Rupees 300 per carat ($5 approx) and goes up to Rupees 1000 per Carat ($15 approx) depends on many factors such as quality, cut, treatment and most importantly colour. The golden and pale yellow Citrine stones have a higher value than the reddish brown ones. The cabochon cut of Citrine will render a higher price than the regular oval and rectangular shape. The clarity and Lustre of the stone may also influence the price of the Citrine.
What are the benefits of wearing Citrine?
Citrine, also known as Lemon Stone, has several astrological benefits.
- Motivation: Citrine stimulates three chakras in the body and releases a pack of positive energy that removes all the energy blocks and helps to motivate a disoriented person.
- Healing Power: Citrine stimulates the root, sacral and solar plexus chakras of the body which leads to the release of healing power in the body. It is known to cure heart, liver, endocrine, fibromyalgia, sleep disorders, thyroid, and problems in the urinary system and kidney. It detoxifies the body and improves digestion.
- Boost Creativity: It boosts up the creative fertility and helps the flow of ideas along with visualisation.
- Aid to Meditation: Adorning a Citrine, one gets access to warmth and clarity which enhances the meditative power of the wearer.
- Success and Prosperity: Citrine is often called “success stone” as it is believed to manifest wealth and good luck.
Citrine’s autumnal hue and affordable price make it a choice for the jewellery enthusiasts. The beneficial effect of citrine is just cherry on the cake for those attaining it for fancy.