Facts about Kyanite Gemstone:
- Derived from the Greek word, 'kuanos' or 'kyanos', which means 'deep blue’ referring to its deep blue hue.
- Said to help balance yin-yang
- Aid with self-expression and communication. This might act as an individualistic fashion statement by any individual.
- Does not absorb negative energy hence does not involve cleansing, but helps in cleaning other gems or crystals.
What are the properties associated with Kyanite?
Colour: white, orange, green, blue-green, blue, brown & black.
Hardness: 4 to 4.5 (along axes); 6 to 7 (across axes) following Mohs Scale.
Nature of Solid: Triclinic; long, flat prisms
Refractive Index: 1.710 to 1.734
Place of occurrence: Austria, Burma, Brazil, Cambodia, India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Tanzania, the United States (Connecticut, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia) and Zimbabwe.
What is the most desirable colour of Kyanite?
The most desirable colour of Kyanite gemstone is sapphire-like blue. However, people usually go for the ones that suit their purpose, for example, the black Kyanite will have additional grounding and protective properties whereas the orange variation will activate and nourish the sexual energy centre. The raw form of Kyanite is the one that is most desired by travellers in a general sense.
What is the price of Kyanite Gemstone?
As per wholesale gemstone dealer in India, KyaniteStone price usually cost an average of 500 INR per carat (or 7 USD approx). However, the treatment method used to give the desired colour, lustre or shape to the stone influences the market price of the stone. Kyanite stone price also depends upon the demand and supply in the market.
What are the Kyanite Stone Benefits?
Benefits associated with the stone are:
- The raw form of the stone enhances communicative abilities bridging the gap between one’s beliefs and ideas as a result using raw kyanite sticks come very handy for travellers
- Have a number of industrial applications like manufacturing of glass, burner tips, spark plugs, heating elements and electrical insulators.
- Used in the ceramic industry, primarily for porcelain plumbing fixtures and ceramic dishware.
- Helps in overcoming mental blockages due to its ability to impart emotional strength in an individual.
- Black Kyanite, with its grounding energies, supports environmental healing, connecting with those who are pulling pollution out of the earth and assisting the evolution of the planet
- Blue crystals help in building focus.
- Light blue crystals help us in recovering from addictions or destructive behaviours and help us become more dependable and cheerful.
- Light blue crystals also assist in dealing with grief, letting go of the past, and curing guilt.
- Darker blue talismans enhance the respect and compassion we have within ourselves by rendering service to others.
- Indigo coloured ones help in spiritual mastery, attaining wisdom & judging abilities.
- Dark indigo crystals are good for religious pursuits as it promotes honesty.
- Light indigo Kyanite helps in being grateful & appreciates life in its true form.
Kyanite, though not being one of the more widely used and preferred gemstones, securely occupies its nice within the larger context of the gemstones industry on a whole. As such, one might easily hope to purchase a kyanite encrusted piece of jewellery, if the taste and preferences of the individual in question is as wide-ranging and variable as one can possible hope for.